By entering this event, you agree to the following disclaimer.
Including the following operating entities:
FEDGROUP (PTY) LTD
REDHILL PARENT ASSOCIATION
MORNINGSIDE SHOPPING CENTRE
ILUMIN8 EVENTS (PTY) LTD
Collectively “the Coordinators”
Conditions of Entry
The following conditions of entry apply to all participants in The Fedgroup Redhill Virtual Ride, Run or Walk.
- ilumin8 Events Pty Ltd is a provider of recreational and competitive events and activities. You are warned, acknowledge and accept that “The Fedgroup Redhill Virtual Ride, Run or Walk” is a virtual event performed on a route of your choice, which could be inherently dangerous and involves risks and dangers, both known and unknown, natural and man-made which may result in loss or damage to your property, personal injury or even death. Knowing this to be the case, if you choose to enter the event, you do so entirely at your own risk and to the extent permitted by law, you release and indemnify the Coordinators, (and its officers, employees, agents, sponsors and contractors) from and against any claim or liability of any nature in relation to injury or death, from you or any third party which might arise from entry to the “The Fedgroup Redhill Virtual Ride, Run or Walk” by you and any accompanying persons and/or minors regardless of how the damage, injury or death is sustained or caused.
- I understand that the organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised event, to postpone, reschedule or cancel the event if conditions warrant it or otherwise at the organiser’s sole discretion, including for the following reasons: if natural or man-made emergencies make administering the event unreasonable due to COVID, weather conditions, natural disaster, acts of God, terrorism, war or any other reason (at the organiser’s sole discretion), and that my entry/donation fee will be non-refundable.
- All participants must read and sign and agree to the participants’ waivers.
- I agree to exhibit appropriate behaviour at all times, including obeying all laws, event rules and I understand that my entry may be voided if through my actions or behaviour, in the opinions of the organisers, I have broken these rules or brought the event into disrepute. I further understand that the organisers reserve the right to reject any entry without having to justify their actions.
- I acknowledge that any property or equipment (without limitation) that I use for “The Fedgroup Redhill Virtual Ride, Run or Walk” is at my own risk and release the Coordinators (and its officers, employees, agents, sponsors and contractors) from and against any claim or liability in relation to loss of or damage to such property, even where such loss or damage is caused by negligence, default or breach of contract by the Coordinators (or its officers, employees, agents, sponsors and contractors)
- I grant permission to “the Coordinators” to use my photograph, video, multimedia and/or likenesses of me captured during the event by the Coordinators and its affiliates or contractors without payment and/or compensation to you. These items become the sole property of the Coordinators and its sponsors to use for any legitimate purpose, including but not limited to promoting advertising and marketing activities.
- Event date and location may be subject to change.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Competition Rules to stand a chance of winning prizes brought to you by Fedgroup,
Legacy Lifestyle and Morningside Shopping Centre.
These rules (together with any official competition communications) will govern and apply to the competition. Please take a moment to review these rules. By your participation, you agree that these rules will govern all aspects of your relationship with the competition and competition-related agents, and the Coordinators. These rules can only be modified (or superseded) by the Coordinators (in its reasonable discretion) in a written revision to these rules posted on the competition website or (at the Coordinators’ sole discretion) any other potential official competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential participants.
- The competition is conducted by the Coordinators.
- No person who is a director, employee, sponsor or agent of or consultant to the Coordinators or who is a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner, or associate to a director, employee or agent of or consultant to the Coordinators is eligible to participate or enter this competition.
- This competition is only open to legal residents of the Republic of South Africa.
- Prizes do not include travel costs.
- The competition runs from 31 August 2020 to 27 September 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
- To enter the competition participants need to take a selfie and post it on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #RIDERUNORWALK and notify where in the world they are participating from. Winners will be selected on 27 September.
- A person may enter as many times as they like.
- The winner will be randomly selected by the Coordinators.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Entries reflected on the Coordinators’ records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.
Entries must be received by the Coordinators no later than 20h00 on 27 September.
- The prizes will consist of:
3 x 1-night stays at The Leonardo, valued at R7 500 each.
1 x 2-night stay at The Commodore valued at R7 000.
1 x 2-night stay at Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge, including a game drive, valued at R9 000.
1 meal for 2 at The Leonardo valued at R2 000.
Secured Investment valued at R5000.
Unit Trust valued at R3000.
Tax-Free Savings valued at R1500
10 Impact Farming Blueberry bushes valued at R300 each.
- Winners will be contacted via Instagram or Facebook by commenting on the post and sending a direct message.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- In the event of the Coordinators not being able to contact the finalists the Coordinators reserve the right to draw again.
- The Coordinators reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the original prize is.
- The Coordinators are not responsible for any damaged prize items after signature of receipt.
- The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions that the prize winner must comply with.
Prize winner selection
- The prize winner will be the first two entries drawn by lot or chance by the judges.
- The prize winners will be notified via their social media.
- Prize winners may be requested to participate in publicity connected to this competition. The prize winners grant permission for the use of their names and photographs in any advertising and promotional material for this competition.
- Participants and winner(s) absolve the Coordinators, its affiliates, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, nominated agents and dealers from liability from any and all claims howsoever arising, including from wilful misconduct or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any such person.
- the Coordinators reserve the right to alter or cancel the competition at its discretion, without recourse.
- The participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless the Coordinators and its successors, employees, officers, suppliers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders against all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs or other costs howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the participants’ participation in the competition, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- If a participant contravenes these rules, the participant may, in the Coordinators’ discretion, be disqualified from the competition.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Income taxes relating to the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition.
- the Coordinators reserve the right to cancel or alter any aspect of the competition at any time at its sole discretion without liability.
- Participants in the competition understand and agree that in order to offer the competition; the Coordinators’ must collect and use personal information about participants. This competition is conducted under the terms of applicable privacy statements.
These terms and conditions are subject to change according to the Coordinators’ discretion
Transfers, Refunds and Cancellation Policy
Please be advised that by registering for “The Fedgroup Redhill Virtual Ride, Run or Walk” you accept that you are subject to the cancellation terms below.
I hereby understand and acknowledge that all fees and associated costs (including optional product purchases and donations), paid for “The Fedgroup Redhill Virtual Ride, Run or Walk” event are NOT REFUNDABLE FOR ANY REASON, under any circumstances, including but not limited to injury, a scheduling conflict, and/or event cancellation.
If the event has to be cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disaster, acts of God, terrorism, war or any other reason deemed reasonable by the event organisers, no refunds will be issued.